Thursday, January 29, 2015

Back At It

What a crazy couple of months.

After a couple last visits, a week in Hotlanta with the other consultants (#soblessed), and quick girls trip to New England (#kcandoesthenorth), it was finally time to head back HOME to good ole Charlotte, North Carolina.



During my time home I got to see my parents & sissy, extended family, the Carolina Panthers <3, and allllll my best friends. I slept more during those 3 weeks than I probably had the 6 months prior to that, went to a couple Hornets games, saw my Carolina Panthers advance in the play-offs, and ate some really good food with even better people. If you know me at all, you know that I am overly obsessed with Charlotte, the South, and all the perks that come with it. However, my need to travel still isn't quite satisfied..




So, back on the road I went. First up was Virginia Tech. How have I never been to Blacksburg? I'm not sure. But, it was a good way to start my new semester on the road because I got two weeks back in the Appalachian Mountains. I got a nice dose of the cold during my time there, when the wind chill dropped to below 0 on more than one occasion. Perks of longer visits mean you really get to know everybody and see what makes the chapter so successful. Never will I ever be able to hear the song Only without thinking about chapter-wide dance parties before recruitment parties. Not to mention, having Cook Out close by again was worth gold.





Blacksburg --> Roanoke --> Atlanta --> SAN DIEGO

Finally, reunited with my Zeta Pi sistas. After spending a week and a half with this chapter last semester, I knew if somebody got to come back I wanted it to be me. What's the hardest thing about the road? You get to spend only a couple days with people you love being around and have to say bye until DLC // Convention // maybe forever. Best part about revisiting a chapter? You already have FRIENDS somewhere. Not to mention they already know the answers to the top 10 questions every chapter wants to know about me & they already know how to correctly pronounce Appalachian.


My week and a half in San Diego was spent revisiting all of my favorite restaurants, catching up with old friends from the road, at my favorite Mission Beach house on the futon I have formally claimed as my own, and watching the chapter do their thing during Formal Recruitment and make quota!




Where to next?! HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME for a quick 48 hour detour to the East Coast.


I'm sure nobody is surprised I purposefully planned my January days off around my favorite holiday, Super Bowl Sunday ;)
See ya again on Monday #WestCoastBestCoast





Lots of love from California,
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment