Thursday, September 25, 2014

9 movies, 2 days.

After being basically all over the United States on my first couple of visits, it was time to head up North for a little change of scenery. So, I was born in Ohio- but that's basically my only connection to the state. Could I point it out on a map? Probably not, but I'm sure none of you are surprise. Getting off the plane, I quickly realized that my two cardigans I brought on this trip (the rest of my visits are in California and Arizona for this month) were probably going to get more wear in these 3 days, than probably for the rest of the month.

When I think of the word 'charming,' I think of this little town. Just outside of Dayton in Springfield, Ohio is the quaint little campus of Wittenberg University. The academic buildings look magical, and the entire town reflected this charm. The house, which had perhaps one of the grandest entrances I have seen so far, was the perfect sorority house because it truly felt like a home. I got my own room and bathroom at this house (big deal ya'll), and enjoyed getting to spend time with the sisters.

Coming in at the end of informal recruitment, it was such an exciting time for the chapter. The women invited 14 women to join their sisterhood on Sunday, with a theme of 'We Are Going to Make This Place Your Home.'

Although there was not a ton of time to see the city because I was only in Springfield for 3 full days, we watched plenty of movies, got Chipotle, toured the campus, and sang lots of karaoke at Bid Day. One of the best parts about my time was seeing the senior alpha class walk the new members to the sorority house and having the Deltas line the walkway up to the front door chanting and showing lots of ADPi spirit.



Although this was a short visit, it was so nice to be able to spend time at one of Alpha Delta Pi's oldest chapters, and experience a little piece of their history. The women of Chi chapter showed me that a home isn't a place, but somewhere that you are surrounded by people you love.

Lots of love from Ohio,
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment